Monday, January 16, 2012

Turtle speed

I have been meaning to post since January 2nd.  I have written down picture numbers and notes with what I want to write about.  I have tried numerous times to upload photos and it all just takes forever or it doesn't work how it is supposed to so I get frustrated and walk away.  I have seriously thought about quitting the blog multiple times, yet something keeps me holding on to it.  I may have to quit this blog and start a new one altogether.  Perhaps on a platform that can upload my uber large picture files quickly and more efficiently than blogger does?  Who knows.  Whatever I decide, I will be to let you know.

Happenings since the first of our New Year:

We are finally back on schedule with school and activities.
Avery is enjoying dance and her teacher Heather is back from maternity leave.  She celebrated her 1/2 birthday at school and we went to celebrate by bringing Popsicles for her classmates.
The B's are having all sorts of play date action and loving every minute of it
Chadd is working his tail off as usual.  He has been bowling a lot more since he got his new ball for Christmas.  A shoe purchase for his birthday(this Saturday)is in order.
I have started a new diet lifestyle and I am really concentrating on perfecting it.  I lost 6 pounds the first 3 days and by the end of the following week I was down 8.  My goal is 15 pounds.  I am hoping that I reach that by the end of the first month.
We are heading to the Water park of America next weekend to celebrate our birthdays with my family.
I am busy planning two parties for the B's who both insist on their very own party this year...I suppose at 5 years old they should have separate parties even though they were born on the same day.

I hear that snow is on the agenda.  Thank goodness.  I cannot stand all of this cold weather if we don't have snow.  At least when there is snow, I can bundle everyone up and we can get outside to sled, snowboard or build snow castles and breathe in some fresh air.  By this time last year we had more snow than we knew what to do with and I was dreading the spring melt because it was going to close down my bridges to the other side.  I doubt we will have to worry about that at all this year.

My girlfriends and I are going to do a 7K for St. Patty's day.  I did the race last year and even though it was super cold, the free beer at the end makes up for it.  We may have to dress as a group if I can talk them into it.  You know, green tutu's, shamrock headbands....totally dorky but so much fun.

I hope that your year is off to a great start! 

Until next time(and it may be a while)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment