Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What are you reading?


I am an avid reader.  I go through books almost as quickly as I go through underwear.  I finish one book and I am on to the next one.  Sometimes, this gets confusing because I haven't fully processed the previous book when I start a new one.  Because I read so much, I sometimes find it hard to choose a new book to read because I have read everything else that is out and popular right now.  I find myself browsing the books for sale at our local library for titles that I haven't heard of but like the synopsis of on the back cover.  I borrow books from my friend Sara's library, yes...she basically owns as many books as a library and there is a really great selection.  Mostly, I start reading books off of another persons recommendation.  Enter "Fifty Shades of Grey."

My friend K, who is not much of a reader said that I absolutely, unequivocally must read this book.  While sipping an espresso martini at her house the other night, she selected a chapter from book 3(it is a trilogy)for me to read.  I found myself entranced by the words on the page, pausing only to take a sip of my drink and blush as I looked up and saw both her husband and her watching me read this steamy chapter.  Oh.My.God.  This chapter is amazing.  The writing is superb.  I loved the way that the author can portray a private moment so extremely well that it seems as if she is inside of your head.

I went home and immediately purchased the book on my Kindle.  I have read half of the book in one day.  It is that good. I cannot wait to read all three books.  I am aware that this type of book may not be for everyone as the content is quite explicit.  So, if that is not your thing simply disregard this glowing recommendation :) 

Happy reading friends!  What are you reading right now?  I'm always looking for new books!

1 comment:

  1. That one is on my list as well. I have read the first chapter of The Story of a Beautiful Girl as a sample on kindle and that got me wanting to read that as well.

    ReplyDelete