Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The best job in the world

I am a mother of three exceptional children.  Each is unique and amazing in their own way.  I get to stay home with them everyday which means simply that I have the best job in the world.  Yesterday, we celebrated my job in a big way and I had the best day with my three babies, my family and some of my friends.
 I was allowed to sleep in until after 8 am(which rarely happens) and upon walking downstairs I was greeted by Breezy who said, "Good morning Mommy!  Happy Mother's Day!"  She ran to a cupboard where there were hidden presents for me.  I had already seen the roses which are beautiful in varying shades of pink. 
 When I opened my gifts, I was excited to see that Chadd had got me all of the accessories that I needed for my new Motoactv watch. 
The twins had made me special cards at school.  I love homemade gifts from the kids, they mean the most to me.

 Avery drew a picture of me(tee hee hee) and wrote what Mommy's are good at.  It was very sweet!

Chadd also helped the kids craft cards for me.  I love that he put pictures of me with each of the kids inside their special card.  It is rare that I am ever in a photo with the kiddo's since I am usually the one taking all of the pictures.

It was a wonderful morning with my three babies and we were ready to head to my grandmother's house to celebrate my mom, sister, grandma and aunties.  This is where my day started to get very very interesting.

On our way to my grandma's I forgot my mom's gift and had to go back 14 miles to my house to get it.  I managed to ingest urine...yes, urine which I proceeded to spew everywhere all over me in my car.  Then, I tried to spit out the window and it flew back in the car and got all over Bria's shirt.  She exclaimed, "Really Mom?  It's like all over my shirt!"  The kids laughed so hard about what just happened and so did I because what else do you do when you just drank pee from a water bottle?  If you want to know the full story, call me :)  The first thing out of the kids' mouth when we arrived at my grandma's was of course, "Mom drank pee!"  I shudder thinking about it.  Ugh! 

We had a picnic lunch and ate outside because it was such a lovely day.  My sister and I attempted Avery's gymnastic moves and when we realized that we are not as young as we once were and that even though our minds know how to do a front handspring our bodies don't necessarily remember we called it quits!  We played soccer, baseball, frisbee and bocce ball with the kiddo's all afternoon.  It was such a wonderful day.





Happy Mother's Day to all of you mom's out there including my own mother whom I owe my life to.  Thank you mom!  I love you!  XOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment