Monday, February 15, 2010

Under the weather = enjoy the weather!


  1. We have come down with cold/flu type symptoms over the past week and a half so we have been stuck indoors again. I feel so bad for my kids who need large motor time to burn some energy. The difficult thing about being a stay at home parent is that even when you are ill, you are still on duty. I'm not really complaining, as I wouldn't have it any other way, but some days it is tough especially with the ever present mothers guilt that sneaks up on you and rears its ugly head.

In between spells of nausea and severe stomach cramping I decided that since it was snowing like crazy, the kids may enjoy some snow time even though none of us were feeling 100%. The kids' excitement was all I needed to toughen up and help them get dressed. I will admit that I only put boots on and watched from the mudroom while they "dug in" and got their wiggles out, but hey, it is about them anyways!



We bought them each their own shovel this winter and boy do they love them. When Chadd gets home from work, they love to go outside while he snowblows(throws)the snow. He occasionally "blasts" them with thrown snow and they erupt into laughter. I remember being whitewashed as a kid and let me tell you, I never laughed!




The snow was really powdery, so thankfully I was not summoned to help them roll their snowmen. I would have done it, but on this day it was a blessing. They shoveled little pathways all across the driveway. They filled a wheelbarrow to the brim with snow and made a "castle" out of it. They also drove their scooters through the snow simply because it seemed like a great idea to them.











They played in the ever healing white stuff for 15 minutes that day. 15 minutes was all that they needed to lift their spirits, make them feel a tad bit better, and give me a little peace as I watched them enjoy the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment